Saturday, January 30, 2010

Setback...

I have experienced setback. I had to have blood work done for one of the sperm bank that we chose to use. one of the test was a CMV test (look up for more info). I tested positive. Even though 80% of adults will test positive in their lifetime, mine is active and the numbers are high. The symptoms are flu like symptoms. (I'm experiencing this now!) I will be re tested in 3 weeks. But in the meantime I shouldn't get pregnant because I increase the chances of birth defects. I was @ work when I got the news and I felt defeated and called Michelle and of course she rushed to my job to comfort me.. even though I know I could do this pregnant thing by myself I'm so glad that I have her!!

We have narrowed the donors down to 2... We will look @ one more sperm bank before we make our chose. but I will continue with everything else I've been doing with preparing for pregnancy..










I will end each blog with this disclaimer "I'm not a Doctor or expert on this subject. Anything I say is just informational and you should always speak with your doctor before doing or trying anything I say medically."

No comments: